Working with a team of individuals (1-5 associates), under the supervision of the Production Supervisor, the Production Lead shall be responsible for the daily management of the assigned production area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All employees at TLX work to satisfy the customer. Each department has expected core responsibilities, but these responsibilities do not define us. Rather, they simply provide a starting point where we work to satisfy the customer, continuously improve ourselves, others and the organization.
- Understand safety requirements and apply them to training associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates
- Understand quality requirements and apply them to training associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates
- Understand run-rate requirements and work to ensure that training of associates, procedures/processes, and daily management of associates align with the stated rates.
- Be main point of contact and proactively work with Mfg Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Procurement, etc to satisfy stated run-rates
- Help create and maintain processes to identify and drive improvement activities in all areas (Mfg, Maintenance, Quality, Procurement, etc)
- Train (and maintain) associates under your responsibility and maintain the training logs and any associated documentation
- Be part of the build process as necessary
- Check schedule daily and understand a minimum of the 5-day demand (may be longer for different areas), and plan accordingly (human resources, inventory levels, etc)
- Understand and maintain stated productivity levels (labor hours required for desired rate) and react accordingly
- Ensure that all associates clock-in and –out of jobs correctly
- Support GEMBA walks
- Perform weekly 5S audits and associated actions
- Elevate issues that are not being addressed
- Consistent and timely use of accountability tools
- Follows policies and procedures according to TLX’s Quality Management System
- Portray TLX in a positive light
- All other duties as assigned